Friendship is...

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
– C.S. Lewis

Thursday 2 May 2019

A RELATIONSHIP THAT HAS CHANGED



A Relationship That Has Changed


This happened 12 years ago, when I was 5 years old I went to spend the summer in the house of my grandparents that is in the mountain. The neighbor who was a great friend of my grandfather had a granddaughter whose name was Lorena.

One day I went with my grandfather to his house, we met and we started to be friends. We played soccer with other children in the neighborhood, we went to the pool and the mountain. But one day I went to her grandpa's home, and he told me that she was not there, since she went to the hospital. She returned home a day later and moved in with her parents, as she needed to be closer to a hospital.The summer passed without my knowing anything about her and I returned home to go to school.

The following year when I returned to my grandparents' house they told me that she had cancer and that she had to be treated. Until this date I don’t know anything about her, when her family moved out, we lost the connection and I only hope that she is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment