Friendship is...

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
– C.S. Lewis

Thursday 2 May 2019

A RELATIONSHIP THAT HAS CHANGED

A few years ago, I met two friends in Girona. My family and I were spending a week there and the sisters were at the same hotel. These sisters are from Germany, but their father is Spanish, and that is why they speak Spanish properly. Their names are Lilian and Alicia.


We spend the week playing on the billiards that the hotel own, playing board games or swimming and playing pool games. My grandfather, who comes with us in those travels, also befriended them. He used to play billiards with us and he was so nice to them. Last day of the first year, their parents wanted to taste my father's paella. And we organize a big lunch with them. It was a nice experience. We spend another year with their family at the same place, and we looked for new activities to do, like trips.


Last year, I went to visit my uncle and cousins to Almeria. Fortunately, Alicia and Lilian didn't go to Girona. We used to text a lot, but without personal contact, we have lost online contact but my grandfather sometimes writes postals to them with me and we try to keep contact with them.

1 comment:

  1. It's a pity that you do not see each other in person, since it seems that you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete