Friendship is...

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
– C.S. Lewis

Thursday 2 May 2019

A RELATIONSHIP THAT HAS CHANGED

Paul and me loved playing tennis together, mainly 1 versus 1 because he didn't like playing the doubles modality. We also enjoyed a great deal playing videogames against each other because we were very competitive, but he was more than me because he wanted to play tennis or videogames in a professional way.

We signed up to the same tournament 2 years ago. For Paul was a very important tournament owing to the fact that if you win this tournament and 2 more of the same category in Spain, you could travel to New York and begin to become a professional. However, I was not going to play the other tournaments so for me was a simple tournament.

Paul played so nervously that despite of being better than the others, ha almost lost some matches, but finally he could arrive to the final. Nevertheless, I played very chill and due to the fact that tennis is a sport were being relaxed and concentrated is very important to dont get anxious, I arrived to the final.

In the final, Paul was so tense that he failed a lot of points stupidly and i won the final almost unintentionally. Because of that, Paul got extremely angry with me and never talked to me again, but last year we were in the same tournament too, and Paul told me that if he could win me, he would forgive what happened. However, we two lost in semifinals and couldn't play aganist, so he is still angry with me.

2 comments:

  1. It's a good strory, I consider that he's your friend,he doesn't have to be angry with you. But finally he reconsidered and I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thats's a very good story, I love it. The only thing I have to say, is that friends can be enemies inside of a tournament but friends outside of it. I hope he forgives you one day.

    ReplyDelete